Friday, April 20, 2007

Read about half of "Dreaming in Code" last night...

A couple weeks ago I picked up a copy of "Dreaming in Code: Two Dozen Programmers, Three Years, 4,732 Bugs, and One Quest for Transcendent Software" and finally got around to reading it last night.

First off, this is a non-fictional book which developers and non-developers both can read and appreciate. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about asking my wife and son to read it. To give them an insight into what the development world, my world, can be like.

From my perspective, the book is enough to make you laugh and cry at the same time. I would be surprised to find a developer/coder/programmer/QA/design/anybody involved in the software industry/etc who couldn't find something of themselves or their lives in this story. Too many times I'd chuckle or nod during my reading.

While I don't read non-fiction much, this book has me hooked...

No comments: