Friday, November 16, 2007

SQL Server 2008 Gets Intellisense Baked In...

US ISV Developer Evangelism Team - Sneak Peak - SQL Intellisense

"In the spirit of continuing to wet your appetite for the next CTP of SQL Server 2008, I thought I would give you a glimpse of the T-SQL Intellisense functionality that is coming for SQL Server Management Studio...

"
[Post Leached in Full]

Nice...

But I miss Query Analyzer (Actually I usually grab it from a SQL 2K setup...).

Management Studio is just overkill in many cases. What would be cool is a Management Studio Lite, or Query Analyzer 2008, or like tool. SQL Query goodness in a less filling but still great tasting package... ;) 

Well I guess that's where the ISV's come into play (such as SQL Prompt, etc).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,

There is a Management Studio Express Edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en

Though I never really found SSMS to be "heavy" weight.

--
Jason

Greg said...

Thanks. I forgot about that one...

I feel that SSMS has a great deal of value, but when you just want to bang out a quick query, there's nothing like Query Analyzer, IMHO. Fast launching, low overhead and focused. It's like a DOS box for SQL Server... ;)

Unknown said...

QueryExpress is great (and portable too)

http://www.albahari.com/queryexpress.html