Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nice Things to Know about ClickOnce

Martha Amirzadeh's Blog (Mahta) - What you should know about ClickOnce deployment

"During past couple months I had a chance to work on ClickOnce deployment in WPF and I have started reading many articles on this topic. These are couple of must know details about ClickOnce that I am going to share here.

How ClickOnce Performs Application Updates

...

Providing a User Interface for Updates

Using this strategy, the application developer provides a user interface that allows the user to choose when or how often the application will check for updates. For example, you might provide a "Check for Updates Now" menu item, or an "Update Settings" dialog box with choices for different update intervals. The ClickOnce deployment APIs (System.Deployment.Application namespace) provides a framework for programming your own update user interface.

..."

Some nice snips of information and tips about ClickOnce. The one that struck me was the "Providing a User Interface for Updates" topic. That's something I always wanted to add to me ClickOnce app's. (also the Size Limitations was "interesting" information...)

No comments: