Friday, February 08, 2008

XSLT Profiler Addin for Visual Studio 2008 - aka The "Why is my XSLT so slow..." Addin

Microsoft XML Team's WebLog - Announcing the XSLT Profiler Addin for VS 2008

"XML Tools team has released the XSLT Profiler Addin for VS 2008 - a quick and reliable performance analysis profiler tool that assists in the development and debugging of XSLT documents. The XSLT Profiler Addin for VS 2008 allows developers to measure, evaluate, and target performance-related problems in XSLT code by creating detailed XSLT performance reports. The XSLT Profiler includes a wealth of useful hints for XSL and XSLT style sheet optimizations, which are essential for XSLT-based applications that demand maximum performance.

...

For more information and download check out Microsoft Downloads site.

..."

I keep saying that "one of these days" I'm going to use XSLT to help me in my Blogger Backup utility, to transform the ATOM feeds I get from Google into other formats (HTML, PDF via XSL-FO, etc)... And more importantly use XSLT to decouple the transform from the utility. To let others easily tweak their transforms, add new ones, etc.

While I'm not there yet (I did just get BlogML added through, via their .Net API... :) I'm watching for XSLT "stuff", like this addin...

No comments: