Thursday, July 10, 2008

AnkhSVN 2.0 – Free and includes Visual Studio Integration

damieng - AnkhSVN 2.0 - free Subversion integration with Visual Studio

“The guys over on the AnkhSVN team have acquired new members and burnt the midnight oil to deliver a great 2.0 release with:

  • Subversion 1.5 merge & tracking support
  • Wizards to help step through tasks like merging
  • Now s a source code control package (SCC) for smoother, faster integration
  • Pending changes window providing change summary
  • Easier to get up and running with the source
  • Property editor
  • Automatic update check

Despite all these great features it's absolutely free and still works with older versions of Subversion and both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.

…” [Post leach level: 90%]

While I’m a Team Explorer/TFS guy (even for my personal project since it works so well with CodePlex) I know there are a ton of SVN users so thought I’d highlight this. If I were to, or when I do, use SVN, to keep sane I’d want VS integration, which is why caught my eye.

If I didn’t have access to TFS, SVN would be the first version control system I’d give a go and with that AnkhSVN seems like a no-brainer.

No comments: