“The guys over on the AnkhSVN team have acquired new members and burnt the midnight oil to deliver a great 2.0 release with:
- Subversion 1.5 merge & tracking support
- Wizards to help step through tasks like merging
- Now s a source code control package (SCC) for smoother, faster integration
- Pending changes window providing change summary
- Easier to get up and running with the source
- Property editor
- Automatic update check
Despite all these great features it's absolutely free and still works with older versions of Subversion and both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
…” [Post leach level: 90%]
While I’m a Team Explorer/TFS guy (even for my personal project since it works so well with CodePlex) I know there are a ton of SVN users so thought I’d highlight this. If I were to, or when I do, use SVN, to keep sane I’d want VS integration, which is why caught my eye.
If I didn’t have access to TFS, SVN would be the first version control system I’d give a go and with that AnkhSVN seems like a no-brainer.