Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shawn Wildermuth’s (aka the ADO Guy) “Dirty Little Secrets” Screencasts

Shawn Wildermuth - Introducing the "Dirty Little Secrets" Screencast

dlslogostamp

I'd like to introduce you to my new screencast called "Shawn Wildermuth's Dirty Little Secrets". The aim of this screencast is to teach a techniques I've learned in a video format.  Unlike a PodCast, I won't be interviewing other people, but instead its 10-15 minutes with me and my screen. We'll be teaching you topics from Silverlight, data access, software design or anything that I think would aid my readers.

…”

Dirty Little Secrets - Episode 1 

“In this first episode, Shawn shows how to create a Slide-Out Panel in Silverlight 2.

I’m all about (well like to think I am) learning from others, not reinventing the wheel and sharing what little I know with others as I can. Shawn’s new screencasts seems to be to be focused on that same target.

What caught my eye was the “techniques I've learned” statement. I dig the idea of dimecasts (short, focused screencasts) where someone shares their hard won knowledge with others. Kind of like a quick sharing with your co-workers that something cool you just found or learned.

And packaging it as a video podcast makes it beyond easy to get onto my player of choice (my Zune ;)

No comments: