Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Three Tips about Connection Strings (We all use them, but how well are se using them?)

Brent Ozar PLF - My 3 Favorite Connection String Tips

"Connection strings – boring topic, right? Well, it turns out there’s a few things that can save your behind.

Tip 1: Build your application with 3 connection strings.

...

Tip 2: Get connection string examples at ConnectionStrings.com.

...

Tip 3: Set up a backup server with the Failover Partner parameter.

...

image"

I had to laugh when seeing the ConnectionStrings.com reference. That was one of the first sites I blogged about (August, 2003 ;)

Anyway...

There's a couple things here I didn't know or haven't been thinking about using, so I'm glad I caught this article

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Yet Another Connection String Collection (YACSC)
CONNECTIONSTRINGS.COM - Forgot that connectionstring? You'll find it right here!

No comments: