"My Exchange is slow..." Some tips and performance counters to look it for Exchange Latency or Connection issues
"This article is meant to be a hopefully useful guide to help Microsoft Exchange Server IT Operations teams understand, troubleshoot and remedy situations where users are experiencing issues connecting to the Exchange messaging service via Outlook or OWA. I’ve included information relating to Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010. The following process helps rule out server latencies and helps determine whether a less than optimal messaging user experience comes from a client-side configuration, client-side performance issue or a server-side issue.
- Step 1: Check the Application Log and System Log
- Step 2: Check for Issues Using Key Performance Counters
- Conduct Performance Analysis to Fine-Tune Exchange Components and Help Identify Issues
- Key Exchange Performance Counters for Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Exchange Server 2007/2010 Key Performance Counters
- Exchange Server 2003 Key Counters
I thought this a good companion piece to my early post, "Outlook is slow..." Here's some information on how to troubleshoot why.
Related Past Post XRef:
"Outlook is slow..." Here's some information on how to troubleshoot why.