"This talk details some of what's new in VB11. (Just some: there were too many improvements to cover them all in just one talk).
VBCore (=> new platform support for VB on Phone, XNA, MicroFramework, Kinect, Surface...)
View Call Hierarchy
AnyCpu32bitPreferred allows EnC on x64 machines
Better codespit and pretty-listing
Better error-reporting for lambdas, and no more 102-error-limit for vbc/msbuild
Fixed language corners in ForEach, ReturnArrayLiterals, OptionalParameterOverloads, GenericOverloadResolution
- I gave this talk at DevConnections2012 in Vegas on 2012.93.26
- (I'm in the process of uploading the video).
- Download source_code.zip [82k, requires VS11]
- Download script.docx [29k]
- Download slides.pptx [3.4mb]
- [GD: Click through for the download links... I didn't want to leach his traffic...]
I dig hearing Lucian talk... While I missed this conference, with what he's shared it's almost as good as being there
(well not really, no video, but still, you get the idea) (Wow, ask you shall... Here's the video, Lucian Wischik: What's New in VB11). What I really appreciate is that besides the source and the PptX, he also provided his talking script. That's not something you see that often and adds an additional level of depth to his sharing...