Monday, August 20, 2012

Telerik says, "Your Code Sucks" [and four more reasons you shouldn't be afraid to refactor]

The Telerik Blogs - Just* Team - Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Refactor Your Code

I am a huge proponent of writing quality code, a view that is shared by many of my colleagues. Unfortunately, I do encounter those who do not share my enthusiasm. Their view is often one of “Get It Done,” whereas I take the position of “Get It Done Right.” When discussing refactoring, the “Get It Done” developer often brushes it aside as a waste of time.

I want to address that crowd, and anyone else who eschews refactoring, with my top 5 reasons why you should refactor your code.

Enjoy!

5. Your Code Sucks

4. Debts Accrue Interest

3. Repetition Is Dangerous

2. Spaghetti Is Good to Eat, Bad to Read

1. Littering Is Rude

image..."

While, as expected, this post focuses on how Telerik can help in these areas, I still thought it funny and, oh so true... (especially the first one, expect not yours, but mine... :P )

Sorry for the link bait title, but I couldn't resist. Also it was the statement that grabbed me and made me read the post in more detail.

No comments: