If Windows 8 WebView is winning (and making your head explode) check out these 10 tips from the Windows Store Developer Solutions Team
Hi - I am Matt Small, a Sr. Escalation Engineer on the Microsoft Windows Store Developer Solutions team. I have been working on Windows 8 since before the Release Preview, and I have spent many hours working in the Store forums, primarily in the C# forum. I’ve seen a *lot* of posts on the C# forum regarding the WebView control and thought it would be good to compile the information we’ve collected regarding Webview. Since this article is rather long, I've indexed it for you:
- WebView is not a general-purpose browser
- WebView always renders on top of XAML
- WebView doesn’t do Flash. Or Silverlight. Or PDF. Or any other ActiveX control or plugin.
- How to receive information from the WebView
- How to clear the WebView cache
- How to embed a font into your app to be used by WebView
- Launching other apps from a link inside WebView
This is a really nice round-up of tips, issues, resolutions and just WebView good stuff...