Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Scheduling Defender - How to setup a Windows 8 Windows Defender scan schedule

The Windows Club - How To Schedule Scans In Windows Defender

"Microsoft has provided Windows 8 with a built-in security software, Windows Defender. Its free, easy to use and has great features like other competitor antivirus software in its class.

Schedule Scans In Windows Defender

Today, in this article, I’ll tell you how you can schedule periodic scans in Windows Defender which will run in the background and safeguard your Windows from malware. In Windows Defender, you can schedule scans in the following fashion:

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and put taskschd.msc in the Run dialog box. Click OK.

..."

I was just looking at this this past weekend. In MSE on Windows 7 I had it setup to scan every weekend, but when I looked for a like feature in Windows 8 Defender, no joy. And while I try to practice safe browsing, man I just hit too many sites, too many downloads and such too not be concerned (sure, sure I should do all that in a VM, yada, yada... well now that I'm on Win8/HyperV maybe that's viable, but.. yeah.. whatever).

Anyway, I wanted to capture this, so by the time I get around to actually setting this up, I can find it again... :P

No comments: