To install the Windows Phone app for desktop, you'll need:
- A PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Windows Phone 8
* The Windows Phone app for desktop won't work on Windows RT.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
- Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
- Automatically import pictures and videos you've taken with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you're using for each type of content, so it's easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.
I don't know if this is new or not (I seem to remember something like was was already out? I think?) but it's new to me and since I'm finally a Windows Phone 8 owner and Windows 8 desktoper...
Note: This is different than the Windows Store app for WinPhone8 . That app has been out for a while... This is a Desktop version of that app.