With the recent release of Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7, we have added IE11 for Windows 7 and IE11 on Windows 8.1 to the suite of virtual machines available on modern.IE for testing Internet Explorer across platforms and versions. We have also updated all of the virtual machines based on your feedback, to make browser testing easier. The VMs are available for free for the purpose of testing your site on all versions of Internet Explorer; regardless of your development platform. The images are available for Linux, Mac and Windows across the most common desktop virtualization technologies.
Among the changes we made to the refreshed VMs are:
- Windows update is set to off by default to prevent VMs with older versions of IE from automatically updating themselves to newer IE versions
- Extended the expiration time of the images
- Answers to frequently asked questions are now readily accessible from the Windows desktop
- Added a VM build version number and set the IE home page to visit modern.IE to check for VM updates
VMs for testing on IE are just one of many free tools we offer on modern.IE. Check out these additional tools designed to help reduce your testing time:
- A static code site-scanner to check for common compatibility problems
- See how your site renders across popular devices and browsers with BrowserStack screenshots
- See techniques and code we developed behind the scenes for some amazing HTML5 Web sites through tech teardowns
If you're a company looking to test your product on IE11, or a dev needing to do the same thing, or maybe an IT, or just want to check it out, these VM's are one of the easiest and safest ways of doing it...
Related Past Post XRef:
modern.IE is OSS... The HTML/CSS/JS code scanner from Microsoft is free and OSS (oh, and the IE VM's have been updated too!)
IE VM's the easy way... Three host OS's (Yes, even OSX and Linux), four VM types (yes even VMWare), five IE versions (yes even IE10) and one download (no more split rar's)!
IE 6/7/8 XP/Vista/Win7 VHD's Refreshed
IE VPC's Refreshed. Get your WinXP/IE6, Vista/IE7/8/9, Win7/IE8/9 VHD's here...
Play with IE8 RC1 the safe and easy way – via the Internet Explorer Compatibility Images (VPC VHD)
The Internet Explorer Compatibility Images (VPC VHD) updated – Now with a IE8 Beta 2 VHD (and expire dates of 01/09)
The IE8 VPC - IE8 the easy way
WinXP IE6 & WinXP IE7 VPC Images
WinXP SP2 IE6 VPC Image Refreshed
WinXP SP2 IE6 VPC Image