Visual Studio 2013.1 has RTW'd (Released To Web), is now live and available for download. It's mostly, like 99%, bug fixes...
- VS 2013 Update: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=301714
- Release Management: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=386812
- Remote Tools: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=386813
Microsoft released Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 on January 20, 2014. Additionally, this update also fixed various issues.
The Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 includes the latest updates, including feature additions and bug fixes. For information about the latest update, see Visual Studio Updates and the Visual Studio Update KB article
Note Unless otherwise indicated, linked items will take you to Microsoft Connect webpages.
Team Foundation Server
- You cannot change the process parameters in the Queue Build dialog box in Visual Studio 2013.
- Fixes screen reader compatibility for the "Debug Managed Memory" feature.
- Updates the "Debug Managed Memory" feature to work on computers that have Windows Internet Explorer 9 installed.
- MMA UI can be read by screen reader now.
Directed Graph Markup Language
- Non-ENU Visual Studio crashes when the Legend in a DGML document is updated by disabling or deleting any item in the legend list.
- Graphics assets that are referenced by a graphics mesh are not deployed correctly.
- When you capture a frame on a Windows 7 computer that does not have KB2670838 installed, you may receive the following error message:
The Graphics Diagnostics engine couldn't create a debug device, most likely because the matching Windows SDK for this version of Windows is not installed. Please install the matching SDK and try again.
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools (version 5.0.11213.0)
- This release includes a new version of this product that adds editing support for ASP.NET MVC 5.1 on top of all existing functionality from the Web Framework and Tools 5.0 release
- Nuget 2.7.2
- This update will include Nuget 2.7.2. This release of Nuget will fix the scenario in which certain packages will fail when running package restore, update or uninstall. Release notes on additional features and bug fixes in Nuget 2.7.2 can be found here
- SignalR 2.0.1
- This release includes updated SignalR item templates which now target the SignalR version 2.0.1: MS13-103
- 807935: Customers may experience a hang in Visual Studio 2013 when entering CTRL + Break to cancel a build that contains a Web Project.
- 800003: Provide customers the ability to unselect the property, "Apply server settings to all users (store in project file)" from Project Properties->Web
- 793989: Allow customers to specify custom server Base URL (Project Properties->Start Options->Use custom server (Base URL))
- Projects may appear to have the SSL Enabled or SSL URL property set in Project Properties. However, these settings are not stored in the project file. Therefore, the SSL Enabled or SSL URL property is not actually enabled in the project.
- Assume that you edit a dialog that contains at least one picture control in Resource Editor. After you save the file, the project can no longer be compiled.
- When you edit multiple resources in Resource Editor, Visual Studio crashes randomly.
- Addresses some Visual C++ automatic formatting issues.
- Visual C++ IDE does not work as expected if there is an unexpected registry subkey under the following registry key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualSTudio\12.0\FileExtensionMapping
- When you try to link with PGO on amd64_x86 complier, Visual Studio crashes.
- IntelliTrace Viewer is updated to support Internet Explorer 9.
- "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message when an external user tries to save any intrinsic entity data from an Office 365-based cloud business application.
Visual Studio Test
- Visual Studio freezes when you try to run a load test in the cloud by using Visual Studio Online for the first time when there is no active connection to a Visual Studio Online account from your Team Explorer.
- You cannot run load tests beyond 250 virtual users if you activated Visual Studio Ultimate by using an MSDN subscription.
- When you activate Visual Studio by signing in to your Visual Studio online account by using your MSDN subscription id, you cannot run remote load tests, load tests together with a loadtest plugin or a virtual user load more than 250.
- Load testing in Cloud with Visual Studio Online is broken on a computer that has Internet Explorer 9 installed. The Load Test Manager and Load Test Results windows do not render with Internet Explorer 9 correctly.
- When there are multiple Visual Studio Online Accounts connected to in Visual Studio and none of them are active, one of the accounts is picked to communicate with the Load Testing in Cloud with Visual Studio Online, which results in a broken experience.
- After you run a cloud-based load test by using Visual Studio Online, the "Download Result" operation fails for the first time. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
There was an error while importing the result file. Details: The system cannot find the file specified. After correcting the problem open the results from Load Test Manager.
- Improved the stability of the XAML designers in Visual Studio and Blend in a variety of scenarios for all XAML platforms (such as Windows Store, Windows Phone, Silverlight, WPF).
- Addressed an issue concerning the packaging of Windows Store applications in which both XBF and XAML were packaged into a Windows Store AppX package when referencing Extension SDKs.
- Allow controls compiled for Windows 8 to display in the Toolbox for Windows 8.1 projects.
Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
- "Page not found" error message when you click "View Request" in a Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 approval notification
- Deployment fails when you use the HTTPS protocol in Release Management
- Approval Requests cannot be seen or acted upon when a user is running Windows Internet Explorer 8.