Monday, February 21, 2005

Custom FxCop Rules Download

FxCop Rules as a download

A number of cool FxCop rules for download from David Kean.

Here's a list of the rules...
"AssembliesHaveTheSameAssemblyVersion
AssembliesShouldBeAssemblyCompanyAttributed
AvoidComplicatedMethods
ConsiderMovingPInvokeMethodsToInteropMethods
EnumerationsAreMarkedSerializable
EnumeratorsShouldBeSealed
InternalNamespacesDoNotExposePublicApi
NamespaceHaveCompanyNameRoot
NotImplementedExceptionShouldNotBeThrown
PInvokeMethodsDoNotHavePublicAccessLevel
PrivateFieldNamesHaveUnderscorePrefixArePascalCased
PrivateOrAssemblyMemberNamesDoNotHaveUnderscores
UseEnvironmentNewLineInsteadOfNewLineLiteral"


For details on them, check out this post.

I've not used FxCop half as much as I should (err... um... okay, not at all yet...), but I have a .Net project in design now where I'll be using it as a standard part of the project. And while I may or may not use the above rules, they are still great examples of how to write custom rules to extend FxCop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Anonymous Commenting has been turned off for a while... The comment spammers are just killing me...

ALL comments are moderated. I will review every comment before it will appear on the blog.

Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...

I reserve, and will use, the right to not approve ANY comment for ANY reason. I will not usually, but if it's off topic, spam (or even close to spam-like), inflammatory, mean, etc, etc, well... then...

Please see my comment policy for more information if you are interested.

Thanks,
Greg

PS. I am proactively moderating comments. Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...