Monday, November 08, 2010

Windows Phone 7 Dev - Your directions to coolness with the “Educational Roadmap”. [Phase 2:Performance - Part Two Samples now available]

XNA Game Studio Team Blog - New Developer Education for WP7 Games Today on App Hub

“Today, as part of the Create Games for Windows Phone 7 Educational Series on App Hub, we’re proud to announce the launch of nine brand-new educational items to make your Windows Phone 7 games even better.

Check out the Educational Roadmap to download these and other great educational items. Here’s what you’ll find there

…

Snap…”

app hub (create.msdn.com) - education roadmap

“…

These samples require XNA Game Studio 4.0 and the Windows Phone Developer Tools to run. A phone is not required…

…

Phase 1:
Platform

Get introduced to Windows Phone 7, and phone game development with XNA Game Studio.

This set of educational content is for all skill levels and phases of development, with a focus on introducing basic game techniques – such as input, graphics, and sound – to developers interested in making games on Windows Phone 7 using XNA Game Studio 4.0

…

Phase 2:
Performance

Learn how to get the most out of Windows Phone 7 and XNA Game Studio with optimization tips and tricks.

…

Phase 3:
Polish [GD: Coming soon]

Take your game across the finish line with best practices and extras that make the most of Windows Phone 7.

…

apphubsnap…”

Some pretty interesting samples and projects. I’m “how did they do that… [look at the code]… ah… I can do something like…” kind of guy so these kinds of resources simply call out to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Anonymous Commenting has been turned off for a while... The comment spammers are just killing me...

ALL comments are moderated. I will review every comment before it will appear on the blog.

Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...

I reserve, and will use, the right to not approve ANY comment for ANY reason. I will not usually, but if it's off topic, spam (or even close to spam-like), inflammatory, mean, etc, etc, well... then...

Please see my comment policy for more information if you are interested.

Thanks,
Greg

PS. I am proactively moderating comments. Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...