Friday, June 06, 2008

Google Chart API Fun - “50 Cool Things You Can Do with Google Charts API”

College@Home - 50 Cool Things You Can Do with Google Charts API

“Chartophiles, have you heard that Google has made it incredibly easy to generate your own slick-looking charts? It’s true, and all it takes to make one is the ability to read and edit a URL. This has made it possible for lots of people to get creative with charts. Read on to see what’s been done, and how you can do it yourself.

…

1. Create Pac-man Charts: Google’s own Matt Cutts describes how you can make a pie chart that looks like Pac-man.

…

7. Thematic Mapping with the Google Charts API-A Brief Tutorial: You can create your own red state/blue state style map using Google Charts.

…

24. Google Gadget to Keep Track of Your Feedburner Stats: Visually display your Feedburner subscriber count with Google Charts.

…

31. Excel and Google Charts: With Google Charts, you can easily and quickly make charts for Excel that would otherwise be difficult or impossible.

…

41. Docoloco: This tool has used Google Charts to find and recommend places to eat and drink.

…

49. Weight loss: This user has set up a chart to track his weight loss.

…”

Fiona sent me an email letting me know about this cool list… Any list that starts with creating Pac-man charts is a list for me!  ;)

While you’re there, check out some of their other lists too. Like  Virtual Learning: 25 Best Sims and Games For the Classroom, 100 Free Library 2.0 Webinars and Tutorials and 40+ Most Useful Mashups for College Students.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Google Chart API Released

2 comments:

  1. Do you know if you can make a chart in blogger? I figure they are both Google products, but I can't figure out if there's a way a chart can appear directly in my blog.

    Thanks Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not yet had a real chance to give that a try...

    But you might work around the problem. Maybe add a Blogger/Google Gadget to the page? When I search for "Chart" on the Add a Gadget to my blog page, I get 109 entries. Some seem to be tied to specific data, but others to more generic (like to a Google Docs Spreadsheet).

    So maybe add a Gadget that way, see how it's done there and then copy and paste and tweak to get it to do what you need.

    Yeah, it's a slimy hack, but might work...

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Anonymous Commenting has been turned off for a while... The comment spammers are just killing me...

ALL comments are moderated. I will review every comment before it will appear on the blog.

Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...

I reserve, and will use, the right to not approve ANY comment for ANY reason. I will not usually, but if it's off topic, spam (or even close to spam-like), inflammatory, mean, etc, etc, well... then...

Please see my comment policy for more information if you are interested.

Thanks,
Greg

PS. I am proactively moderating comments. Your comment WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL I approve it. This may take some hours...