Thursday, May 12, 2005

Guidance Automation Toolkit (for VS 2005)

Download details: Guidance Automation Toolkit

"The Guidance Automation Toolkit makes reusable code and pattern assets directly available in Visual Studio 2005. It is designed to simplify integrating reusable code into applications, allowing architects to automate development activities that developers would usually perform manually, often by following a series of instructions. By using the toolkit, architects can ensure repetitive and often error-prone activities are performed in a consistent way, streamlining and accelerating the development process."

???

I think I need to see this in action to gork it. I'm all for automation and reuse (cause I'm to lazy to want to do stuff more than once...) but what is this really?
(Dugh, I could just download it and see, but darn it I have work to do, damn bills. I think I need a Office Space moment, "... I don't like bills. I don't think I'm going to pay them any more..." ;)

I wonder if things/tools/etc like this will be covered in a session at PDC 2005? Guess we'll see...

Related download:
Guidance Automation Extensions
"The Guidance Automation Extensions for Visual Studio 2005 is a runtime component which must be installed to use the Guidance Automation Toolkit, as well as to use any guidance packages built using the Guidance Automation Toolkit."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about at PDC, but I believe there's a session about the GAT at TechEd.
But, that might not help you much...

Greg said...

That's pretty cool. Glad it's getting covered at one of them... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip.