Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My castRoll - A list of the pod/web/etc casts on my Zune

[Updated 10/7/2010]

For kicks, sharing and just so I have a list of them, here's my current Zune castRoll. Because I listen to them on my drive (As DNR's Carl and Richard say, "the cure for the common commute") and during my walks/hikes they are all audio casts...

Webcast Name Category URL
.Net Rocks (DNR) Dev
Adventures in SciFi Publishing Writing
Buzz Out Loud Current Tech
Bytes by MSDN Dev
Career Tools Podcasts Career
Channel 9 -This Week on Channel 9 Dev
CodeCast Dev
Coding QA Dev
Current Geek Current Tech
Deep Fried Bytes Dev
gdgt Weekly Current Tech
Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing Writing
Hansel Minutes Dev
I Should Be Writing Writing
I, Cringely General PC
Jesse Liberty - YapCast Dev
LOTROCast Gaming
Money Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for a richer Life Money
Mordor or Bust Gaming
NS 10 Introduction to Human Nutrition Health/Nutrition
Nutrition Tidbits Health/Nutrition
Odyssey Fantasy Writing Workshop Podcast Writing
PC Mag Radio General PC
Pixel8ed Dev
Polymorphic Podcast Dev
Radio TFS Dev
Redmond Radio IT/Admin
RingCast Gaming
RunAs Radio IT/Admin
SPaM (Software Process and Measurement) Cast Dev
Spaghetti Code Presents Dev
Tech News Today Current Tech
The Dragon Page – Cover to Cover Writing
The Nutrition Diva – Quick and Dirty Tips for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous Nutrition
The Thirsty Developer Dev
This Developer’s Life Dev
This Week In Tech (TWIT) General PC
Windows Weekly General PC

Yeah, it's allot, but I have a seriously long drive (2 1/2 - 3 hours a day, 3 days a week), plus I like to try to walk/hike at least an hour a day (more like two on the weekends...). So the problem has been that I've run out of casts to listen too! So once I get current, I go back in time and pick up many of the older ones. And when I finally run out of content, there's the college courses... ;)

Here’s a snap of them;



Update #1 4/29/2008:
Added additional casts...

Update #2 6/22/2008:
Casts added & removed. I wish I could point people at a Zune Social feed that shows the casts I listen too…

Update #3 8/14/2009:
Pretty massive list refresh

AGAIN I wish the Zune software would help me in this social and give me a way to easily share my podcast list with friends…

Update #4 10/7/2010:
List refreshed/updated

Again, again, I wish the Zune had a public API where I could make this easier. They want to be “social” then I need to be able to easily share my casts with my friends and the world (yada, yada, yada)

No comments: