Friday, May 13, 2005

Team Foundation Server 2005 & the "New" MSDN Universal

Digital Thoughts : Team Foundation Server 2005 Will be in MSDN Universal

"Awesome news that I just read over on Robert McLaws' blog: each of the Visual Studio Team System editions (Architect, Developer and Tester) will have a limited version copy of Team Foundation Server with them. The restriction will be to limit the functionality to five users, but this does mean that small companies and small development teams can make use of the Team Foundation Server and the Team System products. It also means that existing MSDN Universal subscribers will now be getting Team Foundation Server if they take the free upgrade to one of the Team System editions ..."

Very cool!

Again it shows that MS WILL listen and make changes based on feedback. Now I WILL be playing with/using TFS. Yeah! (Yeah, I know I really need a life... um... Shut up? :)

Now all I need to make me REALLY happy (again.. um... shut up?) is that they do something pricewise for the guy/gal, like me, that wears all the role hats (Architect/Developer/QA). My primary hat is Developer, and that's what I'll be upgrading my MSDN Universal subscription to, but all too often I play Architect/QA. I REALLY want the Architect stuff in additional to the Developer. So I need Team Suite...? And that's like a billion dollars (or so).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MS will help me out on this too.

No comments: