Wednesday, June 01, 2005

RAM disk with up to 4 GByte capacity and a battery... $80 bucks

Tom's Hardware Guide: Tom's Hard News

"Taipei - Fast alternatives to traditional harddrive storage have been a trend that especially resulted in Flash-based drives. Gigabyte showed at this year's Computex an even speedier device: A RAM disk with up to 4 GByte capacity and a battery to protect content when a PC is shut down.

... The RAM disk will be shipping in the third quarter of this year and will carry a price tag of about $80. "


Sahil's right, this could be awesome. I'd easily put down $80 for this... Think about putting your page file on this? Or, like the article says, even Windows itself? (Yeah, I'm not all that sure that I'd put Windows there, but Page Fale and TEMP? Oh yeah, no question).

I'd even pony up for the SATA controler, since I don't have one, just so I could get this... Won't every game machine need one of these? ;)

(via Sahil Malik [MVP C#]- Now THATS AWESOME !!!)

No comments: