Friday, March 31, 2006

Teamlook - Connecting Outlook and TFS

Teamlook

"Teamlook is a convenient software project dashboard that enables all stakeholders in a software development project to communicate and collaborate on Visual Studio 2005 Team System projects from within Microsoft Outlook. Teamlook offers stakeholders a familiar user interface, tightly integrated with Microsoft Outlook, for managing Work Items, viewing Reports, and contributing to the overall project. With Teamlook, stakeholders can interact with Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server and:


  • Connect to Team Projects through a user interface tightly integrated with Microsoft Outlook
  • Create and modify new Work Items
  • View reports and project status"
I downloaded the beta yesterday to check it out... This is very cool and might be quickly added to my must have TFS utility list.

One thing I thought strange is that I couldn’t find any screenshots (maybe I just have my Stupid Cap on?). Also I didn’t see any pricing or RTM schedule...

So being a take charge kind of guy, here are a couple screenshots of Teamlook in action.

First you can see how your TFS servers and selected Projects are shown as Outlook folders. One suggestion I have is that a given Team’s Project Site should be added as the Home Page for a Project folder. But this is an easy enough thing to do manually...

From this UI you can easily run the listed queries, add your own, etc.



A toolbar is also added to each email making it almost too easy to add a received email as a new Work Item. This is the killer feature...




See what I mean about this utility being cool?

(via Team System Rocks - VSTS Links - 03/30/2006)

Technorati Tags: , , ,


No comments: