Monday, April 17, 2006

"Visual Studio Custom Checkin Policy Template"

I Wish I Knew Now What I Knew Then - Visual Studio Custom Checkin Policy Template

"I’ve been spending some time writing custom checkin policies for VSTS, so many in fact that I decided to write a Visual Studio template. This weas very straightforward except for the fact that I when you edit the .vstemplate file you also need to remember to edit the .csproj file (if any file names are affected).

The template is
here. Copy this file to your "Visual Studio user project templates location" (you can find this under Tools..Options..Projects and Solutions") and you should be good to go. "

Very Cool.

This is a C# Project Template to help you create TFS check in policies ...

Related Past Post XRef:
TFS Check In Policies, Code to Police Code

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Mattias said...

Hi was looking for your Check-in policy template, but the link is broken ?

Greg said...

Try it now...

Looks like the blog and post moved to a new site. A quick Bing helped me find it, after which I updated the links in this post.

Thanks for pointing out the broken link,
Greg