Monday, August 07, 2006

Three Year Blog-aversary...

Today is my three year Blog-aversary and this my 1,900th post.

What have I learned in the past year?

1) You have to blog because to YOU want to blog.
Unless you’re getting paid to blog, blogging just for your "audience" will quickly lead to burn out.

2) You have to blog about what YOU want to blog about.
Again, unless you’re getting paid to blog, it helps to blog about stuff YOU find interesting. This will also keep blogging fresh. Blogging about stuff you think your readers want, again will lead to blog burn-out. It’s your blog, blog if you want too, blog about what you want too...

3) "Attack Kittens" grow up to be "Attack Cats"

4) Canada is like this whole other country! ;)
The family and I are currently in (on? at?) PEI, and what a beautiful area and country. I dig visiting Canada... And OMG, the difference in house prices, compared to the Los Angeles area anyway... but then again, what area’s arn’t cheaper than the Great LA area :|

5) Kids grow up so fast.
You’d think I’d have learned this already, but the SPEED they grow up! One day they are your little buddy and the next they are kicking your butt on Need For Speed (and talking about "why I get my car"... sigh...)

6) There is no tomorrow
I have to stop putting things off for "tomorrow". Do it today. Tomorrow is always a day away... (LOL, now I bet you’ll have the Anne song stuck in your head all day... sorry :)

Okay, that’s enough. I’m sure I learned more this past year (err... um...yeah... um), but it’s time to kick the family out of bed and start the day (this four hour time difference is a killer).

Blog@u when I get back...


Related Past Post XRef:
Two Years and Counting...

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Congrats Greg, keep up the good work! (And enjoy your holiday...)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thanks for making it easy for me (and your other readers) to look smart and informed! I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation.

Mary said...

Congratulations on your 3 years!!!

I really agree with you about writing what you want, and not what the reader wants. It is kind of like your diary, that other people just happen to read. If you are blogging just for entertainment, and you feel pressure to write to please others, you aren't being true to yourself.

I also agree about attack cats, I've had 7. :o)

Kids growing up.... *sigh* Yup.