Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Windows Live Writer Plugin - Text Template

I've posted my WLW Text Template plugin to GotDotNet, both the bin and the VB.Net 2 source... This is a simple plugin, but does the job.

Download (Posted as a GotDotNet User Sample)

Currently you have to manually install it by copying it to your Windows Live Writer\Plugins folder.

What is a text template? It's a snip of text/html  you commonly use when posting. For example, I use it for my "Related Past Post XRef:" snip. It's very generic and can host any kind of text/html. You can use it as a quick and dirty "moods" insert, or kind of thing...

Included in this project is the Textbox with Prompt/Cue user control (on the Add Text Template dialog) and a Folder Picker composite user control (I was tired of wiring up a textbox, folder browser and button, so created a single composite control that included has three and makes it a drag and drop to add to a WinForm...)

Again, this is a simple plugin, with limited testing (i.e. "it works on my machines") and limited error checking (i.e. um... none really). Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything it does to your machine (unless it's good), etc, etc, yada, yada, yada...

 


  

 

Download (Posted as a GotDotNet User Sample)

Related Past Post XRef:
My First Windows Live Writer Plugin (Text Templates)
Guide to Writing a Windows Live Writer Plugin in C#
TextBox with Cue/Prompt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that great plugin, Greg! Just what I needed as ActiveWords and Perfect keyboard didn't do too well. I've added the plugin, including a few "would be nice if..." etc., on windows live writer plugins. Thanks again!

Greg said...

You rock.. thanks.

I'll hack it this weekend and do another release.

Thanks for the cool write up!