Thursday, October 19, 2006

USPS Web Tools .Net (C#) Wrapper

The Code Project - United States Postal Service Web Tools Wrapper

"I was in need of a library that would integrate the USPS Web Tools into my windows form application. (This library will work in ASP.NET web applications also.) The USPS Web tools are fairly easy to integrate but I wanted to create a reuasable component I could use in future projects. Please keep in mind this is my first Codeproject article so go easy! :)

USPS Web Tools

Before you can use this library you will need to get a USPS Web Tools ID. You can do this by filling out this form. Note: If you are using the USPS Test servers then the data in the examples below are the only data that will work. If you change the address or anything else you will get an error. Once you have tested your application you can request your profile to be updated by USPS to access the production environment, where you can use any appropriate data.

..."

This is a cool looking wrapper for the USPS web tools. Looking up a zip codes, zip to city/state, validating addresses, package tracking, etc.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are very protective of their API. They want to see the page that I want to put it on to prove what it will be used for. Did you have to do the same thing for a password?

Cheers,
Mark

Greg said...

I've not tried yet... I saw the "URL" field on the form but was hoping it was more a formality/nice to have/etc.

I guess not... sigh.

I'm going to have to give the request process a go now (well after dinner anyway)...

Anonymous said...

If you just go through the USPS process, although it may take several emails, you can get production access without having a web page for them to view. I primarily wrote this wrapper for a Windows Form application.

Greg said...

Perfect... Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a VB.net code that we can integrate it in asp.net. Im little confuse. Maybe you can help out.. thanks

Greg said...

No, I'm sorry to say, I don't have a VB.Net version of this example...

Anonymous said...

Razorsoft.Com has an .Net API that connects to all of the carriers.

www.razorsoft.com