Friday, May 25, 2007

Using VB.Net to Create a PowerShell CmdLet

CodeGuru - Creating PowerShell Cmdlets in VB 2005

"...

Most custom cmdlet examples are written in C#. I suppose this is because PowerShell was written in C#, has a similar grammar, and many programmers who want to write cmdlets prefer C#. I searched the Internet extensively, but I could not find a single cmdlet written in Visual Basic. Now that I have said that, I am sure someone will send me a link to a VB cmdlet example. That said, in the remainder of this article, I will attempt to create a basic PowerShell cmdlet using Visual Basic.

..."

I know I'll want/need to write a PS CmdLet one of these days and having more examples in VB (the language I program in in my dreams ;) will make it that much easier for me.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
VS2005 PowerShell VB & C# Templates (Project, Cmdlet & PSCmdlet)
VS2005 (C#) PowerShell Cmdlet New Item Template

No comments: