Sunday, December 02, 2007

TFS Inline Find (aka "Quick Search") VS2005 Plugin (with VS2008 coming soon)

parallelthinking - TFS Quick Search Plugin

"Working lately more and more with TFS I got a bit frustrated on scrolling in a long list of Tasks/Work Items/Issues to find for "that one task" that has a specific word in its description so I decided to write a small plugin to make my life easier.

Based on the Hawkeye core and the Dynamic Extenders that Hawkeye support I've build TFS Quick Search Plugin:

The plugin will add a small (and red) search text box to all TFS result windows. ...

For more details and installation instructions visit TFS Quick Search Project page."

Very nice... This is one of those little features that could really come in handy.

I'll be watching for the VS2008 version and will let you know when it comes out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg,
The VS2008 version is out:
http://www.acorns.com.au/blog/?p=117
Regards
Corneliu.

Greg said...

Yeah, I saw that and as a matter for fact blogged about it too! :)


TFS Quick Search Plugin 1.2 Released (Now with VS2008 Support)


Thanks though for letting me know about the new version and for writing such a cool plugin...