Friday, February 29, 2008

Xceed WPF DataGrid v2.0 Released (and the "Express" edition is still free)

Xceed - Xceed DataGrid for WPF - What's New

"...

  • Version 2.0 of the Professional Edition features the utmost in data-presentation flexibility through hierarchical master/detail grids. ...
  • New editors have been added to both the Professional Edition and the Express Edition. The result is a datagrid control that lets end-users take full advantage of their data, allowing them to clearly discern the trends and patterns hidden within and consequently make better decisions based on that data: their data will do more work for them!
  • Also new to both versions is an improved design time experience (new configuration window), as well as a Resource Center that gives you easy access to various DataGrid for WPF assets and a news feed for the latest developments concerning the product.
  • ..."

    To date I've not done much (i.e. anything but mess around) with WPF. But I think the tide will begin to turn soon. I feel a momentum building behind WPF, one than in the somewhat near future will be hard to resist. I'm not saying today or tomorrow we'll all be happy WPF'ers, but there's a feel in the air that its time is coming and we're now in the quite before the storm. (Enough metaphors yet?... Yeah, I think I've hit my daily quota... ;)

    Seriously, I think WPF is here to stay and we'll begin to see a groundswell in usage as the tooling and components improve. Also I think we'll start seeing the WinForm - WPF developer story improve (i.e. The story as to why WinForm Dev's should care about WPF, why it makes our Dev lives easier, etc) which will help. It's a chicken and egg thing and I think the egg is about to hatch.

    Then again, I could just be smoking something...  :/

     

    Related Past Post XRef:
    Another Free WPF DataGrid (This time from Infragistics)
    Xceed DataGrid for WPF 1.1 Released
    Free Xceed DataGrid for WPF Now Available for Download
    Free WPF DataGrid from XCEED (Coming Soon)

    No comments: