Monday, April 21, 2008

A handy PowerShell script to keep your Sysinternals Suite up to date

John Robbins' Blog - Easily Downloading and Installing the Sysinternals Suite

"Everyone uses Mark Russinovich's and Bryce Cogswell's excellent Sysinternals Tools. Tools like Process Explorer and Process Monitor have helped solve some of the toughest bugs I've ever worked on. I've been surprised how many people didn't know that all the tools available in a single download: the Sysinternals Suite.

Whenever I see that one of the tools is updated, I find it easiest to grab the Suite .ZIP file and unzip it to my utility directory. After having done the manual updating a couple of times, I wrote a PowerShell script to do the download and unzipping automatically. I thought others might find it useful. Note that you'll need the excellent and free 7z archive tool in your path.

..."

A handy little script to help you keep you Sysinternals Suite in sync with the latest version.

No comments: