Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How not to end your morning commute...

Got in an accident today on the way to work...Not the way I wanted to end my daily commute.

Luckily there were no injuries on site (though I'm starting to feel it now) and only the two cars were involved. Given that it happened at 6:30'sh AM on the I605 (a busy five southbound lane freeway) and my car was spun into three'ish 360's from the fast lane to the far shoulder, it's rather amazing that more cars were not involved and that someone wasn't seriously hurt. Heck, the other car was able to drive away (once we exchanged info, etc)

Not wanting to leave my car 70 miles away, I had to brought home (on a flatbed). Yeah, ouch. But the towing company cut me a nice deal and the driver, Big Tim, took good care of me and the car.

Damage to the front and back on the driver's side...

(BTW, you can also see all the outstanding work my wife has done to make the front of our house pretty... :)

 

Can you see the tilt of the front wheel? It's hard to see here, but in person, there's a pronounced tilt to it.

 

From the front, the poor thing has a droopy eye... :(

Anyway, there are more pictures in the photo album if you're interested (not sure why you would be, but hey you never know :)

And gee, guess what? I just paid off the car last month.

Well I'm off to the Doctor's as I'm starting to stiffen up and not feel all that swell.

 

PS. These pictures were inserted with Scott's cool Live Spaces Photo Album Plugin. His plugin made it very easy to find and insert them... Thanks Scott!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY glad you're okay.

Double bonus points for having the presence of mind to plug a widget/gadget at the end there, and include the links?

Be well dude!!!

Greg said...

Thanks man...

Anonymous said...

Greg,

Ouch is right! I hope you're feeling better.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse!

John Robbins

Anonymous said...

Also glad to hear you're alright. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Good to know you're OK.

You should probably get the paperwork started now on a replacement set of carpool stickers...the body shop will want to remove them to paint (they always paint...) and/or replace various bumper parts.

Greg said...

Matzebrei, that's great advice, thank you for that!

I got the forms out last week (because of your suggestion). :)

Since I won't get the car back until early June (I was told 18 business days, starting when the parts come in, which were to arrive yesterday...), I should hopefully get the stickers near the time I get the car back... sigh.

BTW, the latest estimate is $6,500 in damage to the car...

Again, thanks for the suggestion,
Greg