Friday, May 16, 2008

ADO.Net Data Services (fka Astoria) Casts - Bite sized videos to get you up to speed...

Murray Gordon's Blog - Great Screencasts on ADO.NET Data Services

"As one of my colleagues put it, "We all struggle to stay up to date on our new technologies." To that point, he let me know about a goldmine resource for learning ADO.Net Data Services quickly:

Great Screencasts

As Jared warned...

"These are just slightly outdated, but they’re very clear and to the point. Each is about 15 minutes long so you can become quite knowledgeable in about 2 hours.

..." [Post leached nearly in full]

As mentioned above, these are a few months out of date (most were recorded in January 2008), but still I think they are WELL worth a quick review. With so much coming in .Net 3.5 SP1 (which should have been called .Net 3.75 or something  ;), I need all the help I can get to keep up...

I just wish there were an easy way to get these on my Zune. The download click, save, unzip, update zune media, etc, etc, for these are just a few too many steps...

(Note to Microsoft: Please, all recorded video, audio and webcasts from you should, at minimum, be easily downloadable to a Zune and Media Center PC, and best, any pod catcher. We're talking one-click for Zune/podcatcher... Please? I love my Zune and I just want you to help me fill it with geek goodness... :)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
".NET 3.5 Enhancements" Training Kit Available (Hands on Labs)
A database access from Silverlight 2 tutorial, which includes Web Services and VB XML fun
"Astoria" - HTTP/AJAX Data Services for the Web

No comments: