Saturday, May 17, 2008

How to not suck at Technical Presentations - (Well... 11 Technical Presentation Tips from Scott Hanselman)

Scott Hanselman's ComputerZen.com - 11 Top Tips for a Successful Technical Presentation

"Over five years ago I posted Tips for a Successful MSFT Presentation. Yesterday I watched the video of my Mix Presentation all the way through. It's always very painful to hear one's own voice but it's even worse to watch yourself. I never listen to my podcast and I avoid watching myself. It's like watching a person in parallel universe and it inspires self-loathing. However, if you are someone who values continuous improvement - and I am - you need to do the uncomfortable.

Here's my five-years-later Updated Tips for a Successful Technical Presentation.

..."

One of these days I may find myself giving a technical presentation (to an audience I don't know, as I currently give a good number of them to my team and coworkers) and wanted to make sure I captured this for future reference.

And there are a couple tips that will help me with my day to day presentations too... ;)

No comments: