Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ReadBurner – Drop dead easy way to share from within NewsGator/FeedDemon

Nick Bradbury - Share Your NewsGator/FeedDemon Clippings with ReadBurner

“About a year ago, I wrote about how link blogs are attention streams.  The premise behind that post was that while attention algorithms can uncover what people are paying attention to, the articles people are sharing provide an even better way of determining their attention.

As I mentioned in that post, seeing what other people are paying attention to has brought me a ton of relevant articles that I would otherwise have missed.  The folks at ReadBurner had a similar idea, and they built a great service which displays the most frequently shared content across the web.

In the past, ReadBurner has relied solely on Google Reader and Netvibes for its shared content.  That just changed.

NewsGator has partnered with ReadBurner, and as a result, it’s now dead simple to share your NewsGator clippings with ReadBurner.  This means that FeedDemon, NetNewsWire, NewsGator Inbox and NewsGator Online customers can easily share their clipped articles with ReadBurner.

…”

While my usual style is to re-blog, I’ve been finding recently that there’s a ton of cool stuff that I’d like to blog about, but don’t have the time (nor mental bandwidth). So I’ve been created folders in my Favorties for the given day, in a BlogThis parent folder.

While with Mesh my Favorites are synced between a number of my machines, that doesn’t really help anyone else who might be interested in the same cool stuff.

ReadBurner may be just the ticket. I’ll be able to easily track stuff I’d like to blog about and if not, others can at least see a tickle feed of the things I’m following.

In the next couple days I’m going to give it a try and let you all know…

No comments: