Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tidy your HTML – EfTidyNet the Tidy Library .Net Wrapper

CodeProject - EfTidyNet: .NET Wrapper for Tidy library

“Before I go into details, I want you to know what EfTidy actually is. EfTidy is a wrapper component of Tidy library, and if you don't know what Tidy is, here is a little description:

"TidyLib is an open source utility for tidying up HTML. Tidy is composed from an HTML parser and an HTML pretty printer. The parser goes to considerable lengths to correct common markup errors. It also provides advice on how to make your pages more accessible to people with disabilities, and can be used to convert HTML content into XML as XHTML. Tidy is W3C open source and available free. It has been successfully compiled on a large number of platforms, and is being integrated into many HTML authoring tools."

- By Mr. Dave Raggett

This is the .NET version of the EfTidyCom component (also present on The Code Project). Before moving further, this library is dedicated to the memory of my mother Late Mrs. Saroj Gupta, whom I lost recently (29th January, 2008), just want to say Mummy!, I love you.

I have had a lot of demand to provide the .NET version of EfTidyCom library as COM is losing focus and .NET seems to be the future. This library is written in VC++.NET (by mixing managed and unmanaged code). Please find a reference and test cases in this article. Thanks and just pray for my mother that she live happy wherever she is.

This is also an updated version of EfTidyCom. Some features (Node and Attribute classes) have been removed as I think they are not of much use!

…”

This is something I can see coming in handy…

No comments: