Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Using PowerShell to demo PowerShell via PowerShellPoint! (aka “PowerPoint for PowerShell’ers…” or “We don’t need no stink’n PowerPoint to present PowerShell!”)

John Robbins' BlogStart-PowerShellPoint

“…

As I worked out my demos, I still needed to have some PowerPoint slides to point out key concepts and things like URLs. As I was putting the slides together something was bothering me. Why was I using PowerPoint? I'm going to be a session on PowerShell. Shouldn't I be using PowerShell? The first rule of the PowerShell club is to use PowerShell! That's the second rule as well.

What we were missing was PowerShellPoint, but no longer. At the bottom of this article is the Start-PowerShell.ps1 script I wrote to do my presentation. I'm hoping that others doing PowerShell presentations will use it so PowerShell is the only tool you need to demonstrate PowerShell. So to demo PowerShellPoint, I'll use PowerShellPoint itself. Just call me Captain Recursion!

031010_2010_StartPowerS1

031010_2010_StartPowerS2

John Robbins' Blog  Start-PowerShellPoint …”

Awesome.

No comments: