Friday, November 05, 2010

Heard that you get “interesting” questions during an interview at Microsoft? Here’s 80+ to give you a taste of “interesting”…

MicrosoftFeed - 80+ Cool Microsoft Interview Questions

“The Microsoft interview is a job interview technique used by Microsoft to assess possible future Microsoft employees. It is significant because Microsoft’s model was pioneering and later picked up and developed by other companies. Initially based on Bill Gates obsession with puzzles, many of the puzzles presented during interviews started off being Fermi problems or sometimes logic problems and have eventually transitioned over the years into questions relevant to programming. Some examples of questions that the recruiter will keep in mind or ask a candidate include:

MicrosoftFeedPageSnap…”

Some of these made me chuckle, some made me scratch my head, some made me wonder if they could be delivered with a  straight face and some made me question myself… :/

Here’s just a few that I found interesting;

  • If you could remove any of the 50 states, which state would it be and why?
  • How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
  • How would you design a coffee-machine for an automobile?
  • You have been assigned to design Bill Gates bathroom. Naturally, cost is not a consideration. You may not speak to Bill?

No comments: