Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Version Control By Example" free dead tree version... as in hold in your hand, free (you don't even have to pay for shipping), printed book

Eric Sync - Free Printed Copies of "Version Control by Example"

"The printed copies of Version Control by Example arrived last week. We moved seven tons of books into our fourth-floor office space and all the tenants on the third floor are still alive.

Now that we have lots of copies, I want to give a bunch of them away.

How do I get one of those free books?

Fill out our book request form at:

...

Do I have to pay for shipping?

Nope.

What if I'm outside the United States?

No problem.

I'd prefer to pay for the book. Will the request form accept a credit card number?

Nope.

Don't you at least have a tip jar?

Nope.

...

Why are you giving away books?

Because I want to make this content accessible to more people. Some people like paper. Not everyone reads blogs.

..."

1802_image0015

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to read technical books in ebook form. I page around, flip back and fourth, highlight stuff, etc., etc. enough that reading them in PDF or on my Kindle just doesn't work well for me. So while I've already got the PDF version of this book, when I saw that I could get a dead tree version free, as in free, I was a form filling out fool... ;)

I had to laugh at both this post and the form. Go fill it out and you'll see what I mean. Not the usual "marketing" type question phrasing... lol

 

Related Past Post XRef:
“Version Control By Example” - Free ebook from Eric Sync (Think “226 pages focusing on DVCS, GIT, Mercurial, Veracity and SVN”)

No comments: