"WD® Delivers New Line of Network Storage Servers for Small to Medium Businesses
WD Sentinel™ DX4000 Small Office Storage Server Combines Centralized Storage, Backup-and-Restore Protection for 25 Network Devices and Allows SMBs to Connect, Protect, and Collaborate
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Digital® (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in digital storage solutions, is introducing WD Sentinel™ DX4000 (photo), a complete network storage solution designed specifically to meet the demands of today's small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs). WD Sentinel DX4000 includes the Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system software and the Intel® D525 Dual Core Atom CPU. The WD Sentinel DX4000 is centralized shared storage and automatic server-based backup and restore for up to 25 devices (PC and Mac®) in the network. It offers complete data protection with built-in hardware and software redundancy for all of the connected devices in the network. With capacities including 4 TB and 8 TB, WD Sentinel DX4000 lets small business owners expand small office server storage capacity as their business and storage demands grow. In addition, the WD Sentinel DX4000 small office storage server acts as the "on-premise cloud storage" for the SMB.
"The WD Sentinel small office storage server is the ideal storage, backup, and secure remote access solution for any SMB," said Thomas Gallivan, vice president of marketing for WD's SMB Solutions Group. "The ability to have centralized storage that is both on-premise and offers secure remote access provides a small business owner and employees the flexibility needed for today's mobile lifestyle. WD is providing small business owners with a hands-free solution that offers complete data protection and unparalleled peace-of-mind."
Five Levels of Data Protection
WD Sentinel DX4000 provides five levels of data protection for every device on the small office network and is supported by WD Guardian Services.
- The Drives Inside: Pre-configured with WD's award-winning enterprise-class drives for durability and reliability.
- RAID: Featuring levels 1 and 5 for data protection and speed.
- Daily Backup: Automatic backup and recovery software provides daily full system back ups for up to 25 devices on your network. Simply set it and forget it.
- Redundant Network Connectivity: Dual Gigabit Ethernet configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance (AFT) automatically switches to second network port in the event of a network failure.
- Optional Disaster Recovery Protection: Connect to the small business cloud provided by optional disaster recovery software and store your data offsite for disaster recovery.
WD Sentinel is certified to be compatible with a variety of Operating Systems (OS) including Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7. In addition, WD Sentinel is compatible with Mac OS X® Leopard® and Snow Leopard® for file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems and allows businesses to share files with clients, consultants, and inter-office personnel regardless of the OS used.
WD Guardian™ Services for Small Business
WD Sentinel DX4000 is backed by WD's world-class customer service and support. All WD Sentinel small business customers will receive free tech support for 30 days from the time of the first call. WD Sentinel customers may wish to upgrade their service plan to one of three options:
- WD Guardian Express: Offers next-day parts replacement service including shipping and handling costs.
- WD Guardian Pro: Offers a one year support agreement with WD service, express parts replacement and priority access to technical support.
- Guardian Extended Care: Service that extends the product warranty from the standard three year warranty to five years.
So for this family, Windows Home Server 2011/SBSE we're now 0 for 2, I think. Two SBSE devices (at least) and zero WHS's (in the US at least). I'd like to get a WHS2011 for the house, and while I could roll my own, I'd just rather pick one up from a high tier player
Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector RTW's (aka Windows Phone 7 Connector for WHS/SBSE)
WSSX 4 U... Visual Studio Project Template for creating *.wssx packages (Think "Windows Home Server 2011/SBS 2011 Essentials/Storage Server 2011 Add-in Packages")