Thursday, March 29, 2012

Original POP (Prince of Persia) Apple II Source Found

Prince of Persia Source Code — Found!

"...

The carton arrived yesterday. My jaw dropped when I saw what was inside.

No, I don’t mean the stacks of Spanish Drosoft versions of POP and Karateka (though those are cool too, especially if you have an Amstrad computer with a cassette player). I mean those three little plastic 3.5″ disk boxes nestled among them… which appear to contain the ORIGINAL APPLE II SOURCE CODE OF PRINCE OF PERSIA that I’ve been searching for, off and on, for the past ten years, pestering everyone from Doug Carlston to Danny Gorlin and everyone who ever worked at Broderbund, and finally gave up hope of ever finding.

I KNEW it wasn’t like me to throw stuff out!

image

..."

How funny is that... Make me want to dig though some of my old boxes. I know I have that D&D 2nd Edition TRS80 game I was working on around somewhere... :)

(via joystiq - Jordan Mechner finds original Prince of Persia source code)

No comments: