Another Robocopy hotfix, this time to fix the skipping over of some files with some East Asian characters in their names...
"Consider the following scenario:
In this scenario, some files may not be copied, and the Robocopy.exe utility does not report an error. If you use the Robocopy.exe utility for backup, it may cause system instability, or a restore failure.
- You use the Robocopy.exe utility to copy or to back up files on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The names of the files contain East Asian characters, for example Japanese characters.
Here is a sample scenario:
- You save two files into a folder on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.
- ー.txt ("chouon" character)
- ―.txt ("em dash" character)
- You try to copy both files to a destination folder by using the Robocopy.exe utility.
In this scenario, only one file is copied.
If you're using robocopy on Windows 7,Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and encounter files with East Asian characters (say if you're in the EDD/ESI/etc business) then you might want to double check your file copies, and request this hotfix...
Related Past Post XRef:
Robocopy DACL issue on Win7/Win Server 2008 R2 and a Hotfix