- New release of SharpDX 2.3.0.
- This version is compatible with Windows 8 RTM and Visual Studio 2012 RTM.
- New target assemblies released : Signed-net40, Signed-winrt. Nuget packages are now providing signed assemblies.
- *Lots* of small enhancements, changes, bug fixes. See complete listing below.
- SharpDX.Toolkit, a high level XNA like API for Direct3D11 is under heavy development. The toolkit is not yet part of the distribution but a Beta version should be released by the end of October. Currently implemented:
- Friendly constructors for all resources (states, textures, rendertargets, buffers).
- Image and Texture loading & saving for various formats (DDS, JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF).
- A full HLSL Effect / FX system, very similar to legacy FX system, using efficiently Direct3D11, compatible with Windows Desktop and Windows 8 Modern, with a custom compilers. All XNA stock effects (BasicEffect, DualTextureEffect...etc.) were successfully ported to it. The toolkit is coming with its own effect compiler (tkfxc) similar to standard fxc.exe.
- Concerning support for Windows Phone 8 (WP8) nothing to announce yet until the official release of the WP8 SDK.
Changes and Fixes
The following listing is automatically generated from commit logs.
SharpDX is becoming one of the must watch/use DirectX libraries for Windows 8 Modern UI, who don't want to play in C++ DirectX land, dev's.
Related Past Post XRef:
SharpDX - A new Managed DirectX/Multimedia API Library (one with Win8/Metro in mind too!)