Whole lot of HOLO's (Hands On Labs Online) for Windows 8 RTM and Windows Azure (Get developing without installing anything)
MSDN Virtual Labs enable you to quickly evaluate and test Microsoft's newest products and technologies through a series of guided, hands-on labs that you can complete in 90 minutes or less. There is no complex setup or installation required, and you can use MSDN Virtual Labs online immediately, free. Check here for system requirements.
Windows 8 Virtual Labs
Windows is the premiere development platform in the world. With Windows 8, developers can leverage their existing skills and code assets to create applications. Step into these virtual labs and learn how to build, share and sell interesting and easy-to-use applications that will make your customers happy. Virtual labs are simple –no complex setup or installation required.
Windows 8 Virtual Labs
- Lab 1 for C# - Creating a Windows 8 App
Contoso Cookbook is a series of hands on labs designed to immerse you into Windows 8 app development. In this first lab in the series, you will use XAML and C# to create the application, implement navigation, download the data from Windows Azure (or load it locally if you don’t have an Internet connection), and connect the data to controls using data binding.
- Lab 2 for C# - Orientation, Snapping, and Semantic Zoom
- Lab 3 for C# - Searching and Sharing
- Lab 4 for C# - App Bars and Media Capture
- Lab 5 for C# - Process Lifetime Management
- Lab 6 for C# - Settings and Preferences
- Lab 7 for C# - Tiles and Notifications
- Lab 8 for C# - The Windows Store APIs
- Lab 9 for C# - Touch and Pointer Input
Windows Azure Virtual Labs
Test drive Windows Azure solutions in a virtual lab and see how you can quickly and easily develop applications running in the cloud by using your existing skills with the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment and the Microsoft .NET Framework. Virtual labs are simple, with no complex setup or installation required.
- Windows Azure: Debugging Applications in Windows Azure New
- Windows Azure: Connecting a PaaS Application to an IaaS Application with a Virtual Network New
- Windows Azure: Introduction to Virtual Machines New
- Windows Azure: Introduction to Cloud Services New
- Windows Azure: Introduction to SQL Database New
- Windows Azure: Advanced Web and Worker Roles New
- Windows Azure: Introduction to Virtual Machines (Linux) New
- Windows Azure: Worker Role Communication
- Windows Azure: Native Code
- Windows Azure: Exploring Storage
- Windows Azure: Running a Parametric Sweep Applications with the HPC Scheduler
- Windows Azure: Running MPI Applications with the HPC Scheduler
- Windows Azure: Windows Phone and The Cloud
- Windows Azure: Building Services with PHP
- Windows Azure: Building Services
- Windows Azure: Using Tables
You get a downloadable manual and a 90-minute block of time for each module. You can sign up for additional 90-minute blocks at any time."
These let you get into coding for Windows 8 and/or Windows Azure quickly, easily and with your hand held (which sometimes that's what you need to get start on something new)
Related Past Post XRef:
BUILD Windows 8 HOL's now available for download by all
Windows 8 Camp in a Box download (Windows 8 CP) - C#/Js Resources, HOL's, Samples and Presentations from the Windows 8 Dev Camps