Kodu lets you create games through a simple visual programming language. Kodu can be used to teach creativity, problem solving, storytelling, as well as programming. Anyone can use Kodu to make a game with no design or programming skills.
- Kodu is a rich tool for narrative creation and storytelling
- Kodu demonstrates that programming is a creative medium
- Kodu helps children with critical thinking, breaking a complex goal into manageable steps, and iterate on the design process
- Kodu introduces the logic and problem solving of programming
- Kodu introduces conditions and sequences, which teaches cause and effect
- Kodu can be taught by any teacher, no previous programming expertise required
- Students learn about cooperation, logic and creativity in addition to programming
English (United States) and 1 other languages
x86, x64, ARM
More Kodu, just in time for the holidays and on all our favorite Windows tablets and touch devices... :)
Related Past Post XRef:
Kodu Game Lab v126.96.36.199
Are you an Educator/Teacher? Microsoft has free software just for you!
Kodu, the Microsoft Research visual game programming language targeted at beginning programmers, now available for PC’s (Tech Preview)