What is RESTier
RESTier is a RESTful API development framework for building standardized, OData V4 based REST services on .NET. It can be seen as a middle-ware on top of Web API OData. RESTier is built with the inspiration of combining simplicity of WCF DS with the flexibility of Web API OData.
The main exciting features of RESTier are:
- Help developer quickly build an OData service within minutes. You need just one controller, no more than 100 lines of code to easily bootstrap an OData service.
- Help developer easily add business logic into their services.
What about ASP.NET Web API OData?
As mentioned in the first part, RESTier is based on Web API OData. Web API OData will continuously be improved and RESTier will benefit from the improvements.
The main getting started tutorials below show you how to user RESTier step by step.
Document and more samples
RESTier intends to be fully open-sourced, source code will be available on GitHub soon.
- GitHub repository . We use GitHub to track issues. You can report bugs, provide improvement suggestion directly on GitHub
- RESTier wiki . Detailed document and samples are available here.
Please be noted
- RESTier is still at a preview stage.
- RESTier currently only supports Entity Framework data provider. Other data providers will be added in the future.
Mostly I liked the title... lol.
That said, I like the concept behind making it easier to create, though we've all learned to take claims like this with a grain of salt. Will be keeping an eye on this to see if it has any legs...