Monday, October 24, 2005

"How many users will your Team Foundation Server support?"

bharry's WebLog : How many users will your Team Foundation Server support?

"We're deep into our load testing and server sizing efforts and I thought I'd share with everyone what we are doing and how we are thinking about it.

How big of a server do I need to support my team? Should I use a "single server" or separate Application tier and Data tier configuration? If I double the size of my team, will I need to increase the capacity of my server? We'll provide high level guidelines for a mapping from team size to server configuration but if you want to understand how we do it and replicate it yourself, I'll describe it for you.

..."


Now how did they know I was about to start hunting down hardware for our test TFS server? Gee, those MS guys... ;)

Nice to see for smaller sized groups (<20) all I'll need is one piece of hardware. The question is if I'm ready to fight the whole admin battle to get this server. sigh...

No comments: