Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Enterprise Library MSN Messenger Log Listener

An MSN Messenger Log Listener - The Code Project - C# Programming

".... If you haven’t already guessed, I made a custom log listener that sends log messages to an MSN Messenger account.

The Good Stuff

I used the FormattedDatabaseTraceListener as a reference for creating my listener. The custom listener is actually composed of three classes:

  • The actual listener class, responsible for sending log messages as MSN Messenger messages
  • A data configuration class, responsible for reading configuration data from a config file (app.config/web.config)
  • An Assembler class, responsible for creating a listener object based on a configuration class (I think this is the ObjectBuilder magic)
..."

That's kind of a cool project...

I think it would show uber-customer service if a user got a call seconds after the app they were running ran into a critical error... Or they get a call as soon as they launch or quit the app, etc. etc. Sure, I wouldn't use it in a widely deployed app, but during Beta/QA/Preview it might be cool.

Something to think about at least...

No comments: