Thursday, January 26, 2006

FileHelpers Library 1.3.1

FileHelpers Library - Copyright 2005 to Marcos Meli

"The FileHelpers are an easy to use library to import/export data from fixed length or delimited files.
If you want to start using the library go directly to the Quick Start Guide.

Who needs the File Helpers Library ?

In almost every project there is a need to read/write data from/to a file of a specified format.

For example for log parsing, data warehouse and OLAP applications, communication between systems, file format transformations (for example from a fixed length to a CSV file).

This library aims to provide an easy and reliable way to accomplish this task.

..."

I've been wanting to take a closer look at this since I first saw the article about it on CodeProject in early November.

What a very cool project. I first thought it was some kind of parsing engine, and while it is that, it's much cooler. Using attributes and a template like class it allows you to strongly type your flat file processing, both in and out.

I might need to add a flat file export feature to my app suite soon and this may be the method I use to do it....

No comments: