Monday, February 20, 2006

PHLAT Searching!- Windows Desktop Search UI from MS Research

PHLAT - Intuitive Personal Search

"
PHLAT is a new interface for Windows Desktop Search  (enabling search through a user's own email, files, and viewed web pages). PHLAT lets you easily specify queries and filters, attempting to integrate search and browse in one intuitive interface. In addition, Phlat supports a unified tagging (labeling) scheme for organizing personal content across storage systems (files, email, etc.).

Click here to read more about PHLAT and get started using it!

…”

PHLAT (Prototype for Helpful Lookup and Tagging)  is officially WAY cool. This looks like a must have UI for Windows Desktop Search.

I’ve been thinking about removing WDS for a bit as I didn’t really like its UI and just wasn’t using it much (and I did have time to write my own UI). Well PHLAT has convinced me to keep it around a while longer.

PHLAT MUCH closer to the way I want to be able to search my desktop. It’s the date grouping and interactive nature that I really dig. Enter a broad term and then use PHLAT to sift through the hits, narrowing the hits down, by date, path, file type, etc…

Now I just wish the .Net source were release too…  ;)

If you have WDS, and like playing with new stuff, you owe it to yourself to check this out (can you tell I’m totally digging it?  ;)

(via The Road to Know WhereNew FREE Microsoft Phlat Software Add-in for Windows Desktop Search)

No comments: